Dietitians of Central Texas
Continuing Education, Mentorship & Networking for Dietitians & Students
The Dietitians of Central Texas is an organization whose purpose is to provide education, mentorship, and networking opportunities to a diverse, professional group of registered dietitian nutritionists and dietetic students.
Who We Are
Members of the Dietitians of Central Texas are passionate about food and nutrition and promote the use of scientific and evidence-based knowledge. Meetings allow members to learn and network in a fun, supportive environment that is designed to advance the interest of its members.
We've got some BIG NEWS: We're rebranding!
Starting July 1st, 2021, we will be formally known as Dietitians of Central Texas.
We’re recruiting volunteers for a Rebranding Committee that will work with the board over the next membership year to create a new and improved look and feel for our organization.
As part of the Rebranding Committee, you’ll:
Learn what it takes to brand an organization!
Build your resume
Work closely with members of the Board to achieve a common goal
Network with dietetics professionals in your region
If you are interested in volunteering, please reach out to email@example.com with “Rebranding Committee” in the subject line to let us know!
The new 2021-2022 membership year is coming soon! Stay tuned.
Want to get involved with Dietitians of Central Texas*?
Wellness Symposium Co-Chair
*Starting July 1st, ATXRD will be formally known as Dietitians of Central Texas
Calling all student members of Dietitians of Central Texas!
Would you like to attend this year’s Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) Virtual Event?
“Each fall, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics sponsors the world’s largest meeting of food and nutrition experts — more than 10,000 registered dietitian nutritionists, nutrition science researchers, policy makers, health-care providers and industry leaders attend the annual meeting — and address key issues affecting the health of all Americans.” (https://eatrightfnce.org/)
When: October 16-19, 2021
If YES, apply to DCTX’s annual Student FNCE Scholarship!
Click here to access the application.
Be sure to submit your application by the deadline, July 31, 2021.
For questions, please contact dietitiansofcentraltexas@
When joining the Dietitians of Central Texas as a student or dietetic professional
member, you will enjoy these benefits:
FREE to All Dietitians of Central Texas Members
- 8 CEUs throughout the year July 1- June 30 (Each quarterly members meeting offers 2 CEUs)
- 4 Social events that allow networking with dietetic professionals
- Discounted rate to the annual Wellness Symposium
- Access to the members only web page to view job listings and our Member Directory
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Access to email group for communication with other members
FREE to Dietitians of Central Texas Student Members
- Speed Mentoring Event at UT and TX State (Dietitians meeting and mentor students)
- Student Scholarships to support students in their professional endeavors (Only student members can apply to this competitive scholarship)
Priority 1: Enact a sound financial sustainability plan which allow the organization to raise and manage funds to meet its goals and to continue working towards the future.
- Goal 1: By August of each year, add financial information to members only section of website.
- Goal 2: By the first member meeting, set limit on per person spent on food.
- Goal 3: By the first member meeting, create a response system for food purchasing/providing.
Priority 2: Intentionally provide opportunities for members to gain access to information and social capital through creating, cultivating and utilizing quality interpersonal relationships.
- Goal 1: By August of each year, provide clear member benefits on website and at registration.
- Goal 2: By the first member meeting, create and provide access to members directory for all current members.
- Goal 3: By the end of the membership year, facilitate and review member survey and feedback information.
Priority 3: Promote a standard of professionalism through a continuing education program by providing instruction to maintain knowledge, skills, and standards of practice to assist members in performing their duties and personal growth.
- Goal 1: Each year, provide at least 8 CEs at member meetings.
- Goal 2: At each member meeting, provide quality information/speakers that engage the member base (get feedback from survey).
Priority 4: Pursue new members who share the mission, purpose and goals of the organization while creating a sustainability plan to retain members by offering them opportunities for growth, achievement, recognition, participation and enjoyment.
- Goal 1: By June 30 each year, provide annual report on progress of goals/strategy.
- Goal 2: By August 2017, update website look and enhance social media presence, and create new logo.
- Goal 3: By August each year, create email list-serve for current non-members and previous year members.
- Goal 4: Every quarter, send email to members about organization’s members only section on website and password/perks for members.
Priority 5: Build a sense of community by actively pursuing initiatives related to membership, influence, fulfillment of needs, and creating a shared emotional connection.
- Goal 1: By August each year, connect members to member directory.
- Goal 2: Each quarter, host social events/happy hours.
- Goal 3: Each year, cultivate leadership by recruiting 15 current members and non-members to board positions.
Have an outside event or continuing education opportunity you want us to post? We will gladly share it on our website! Please fill out this form.
*All events will be vetted through the Dietitians of Central Texas Board.